Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 15, 2008 FATHERS DAY

Dad went home to be with his Father yesterday, June 14. Praise God for everything that he has given, He is so good.

The last 55 days have been something I pray that is a reminder of love and family and friends for the rest of my life. I am not sure I can put into words what I am feeling right now, it may have to come later once I process it but one thing I know I can put into words is how much I know what it means to trust God in all things, and when I hear that small still voice telling me something, and I am obedient and trusting Him, that the blessings received are far beyond amazing. When I felt the small voice telling me to bring dad home, I fought it and questioned it and prayed and prayed is this really what you want from me??? to give up MY life, My freedom, when I know he is getting the best care ever, better than I could ever give, there is only one of me, there is CNA's, RN's, Cooks, Housekeepers, Doctors,Receptionists,Hairdressers,Volunteers everything one could dream of to care for dad, how can I do it but kept feeling the nudge. When I went to Todd and said this is what I am feeling he suppported me 100%, with a few rules, but total support. Out of the 55 days or 1320 hours I was telling Todd I would have to think there wasn't even one full hour of regret and anger that I had to deal with my decision, and that was early in the time we had dad, setting boundries if you will. Dad was testing me as to how attentive I really was with unreasonable demands, imagine that! In the morning maybe I can write about his last day with us, and the most beautiful memory that will never leave my heart. I know he is in Heaven, he saw the people waiting for him with so much joy and peace the look on his face I will never forget. Goodnight

No comments: