Monday, June 2, 2008

June 2, 2008

Where does the time go??? Again, I thought by having dad here I would have so much more free time, and it just seems I am either so unorganized or it just is that time consuming. Our Social Worker keeps telling me that I need to remember that at the Maples there were 15 on staff caring for their residents, from nurses, to nurses aids, to housekeeping, to kitchen, and so on and that there is only one Nancy. That does help me not feel so scattered, yet, I just know I can do better. I also am trying to explain to dad that every few minutes when I am out of the room or out of his sight, I am still "here". Dad continues to do well, almost improving according to Todd! Todd helps when he can, yet he has taken on all the ownership duties of the Down Under that we used to share. Our staff have also been so willing to go the extra mile and I so appreciate their caring and willingness to do all they do. I went to the Down Under Saturday Night for a couple hours of "fun", we had Total Recall, the band, which I love, and I got a chance to talk with the girls, they said they and the customers miss me terrible, didn't realize all I did (patting myself on the back here) but didn't want me to do anything that evening but have fun, and we did, Steph, Shy, Amanda made sure I didn't miss a dance! Lisa and I are planning our Mother/Daughter Mothers Day Get A Way Night for next week, (her birthday too) that I am so ready for. We are working out the details for dad now. With caregivers being very busy this past weekend, canceling and illness, I wasn't able to go to graduation open houses, church, and a few disappointments, but that goes with the deal. This is a new week and I am counting my blessings. My prayers are many, and if you'd like to share the ones on my heart, I have a friend named Dick that is struggling with an unknown illness, please pray for the doctors to be able to help him, for him to be healed and get better. Also, for my children, brothers and husband, they are all so in my prayers. I just thank Jesus for all He is, and pray I never forget to give him the thanks and the glory for each minute of my life. Without Him, I would never be able to do what i do.

No comments: