I am again, so sorry, for taking so long to begin journaling and letting others into my life. I so much enjoyed reading my past stories and know so much has gone on in my life in the last eight months worth writing about, so I will talk a little about the past, and try real hard to keep up with the present. Now that I am blogging I will spend a few minutes catching up with the past, and staying current with the present.
Scott, Ty and I have been busy since dad passed away getting his affairs in order and trying to keep them going as he would have. Scott and Ty are retired now so has more time than I do to follow up on issues we had facing us, and they do such a wonderful job at it. Dad and Mom would be so proud of their boys as they continue to run the business's as dad would have, actually, even better in my eyes! I too am so proud of them. We have had quarterly meetings for the Welsh Family Trust and begin each one with dads request of reciting the Lords Prayer in unison. Scott, Ty and I have such a special relationship as brothers and sister in that we respect each others views, trust each other and feel we do everthing to the best of our abilities to do it as dad and mom would want us to. Our fourth quarter meeting was held in Aruba, a dream I had since dad passed of my brothers and I to spend a vacation together. Ty even had a golf ball for everyone who vacationed with us that had engraved, Nancy's dream.
As far as today, Todd and I had one of the hardest working weeks in a long time, with valentines weekend being one of our best, to working for Stephanie Monday and Thursday, working for Shy Wednesday, and catering Carol Studers Retirement Party on Friday, we are pooped. We got up and did the morning work at Down Under, then went to the Eagles by 9am to support the womens breakfast, then to church at 10:30 and now home chilling on the couch. Todd wanted bread and gravy for dinner (easy) so I was all over that idea, and now watching tv, dozing off, and watching more tv. I'm thinking popcorn for supper....
My prayers today are for our family, for our friends, and for rest and energy to begin another week. I pray for our country and for those who are suffering from unemployement. I praise God for our business and how he so blesses us with customers and opportunities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment