Monday, February 23, 2009

February 23, 2009

As I'm listening to PulseFM, the first song to come on was "I can only Imagine", that was the song my mom loved that was very popular when she was suffering from her leg amputation. She said that if she didn't make it through all of this, that she would be dancing in Heaven as the song said, and I know this morning she is dancing with our Father and dad and she is complete. I am praising God for that and for the day I get to be with them dancing too!

I was pleasantly surprised with a facebook friend - Don Reynolds - and now am able to be in touch with him and his family. They are a part of the Welsh Family Memories that used to go to our church that made a huge impact on our life. Thank you God for bringing us back together.

The weather is calling for 3-5 inches of snow, I'm thinking a good day to stay in and do year end books until I need to go to work at 3. My accountant will also be happy about the snow storm, so I can get her the year-ends!

When I was thinking about what I wanted to write about to catch up on the past, I thought I would write about how good God has been to Todd and I. We were able to vacation again for 14 days in Aruba with family and friends. It seems that Aruba is the only place we truly feel away from the stresses of being self employed. It takes us several days to get to that state of mind, not worrying and taking care of everyone there, but once it kicks in, wow, it is awesome. We had 22 go with us this year, and it is amazing how you can be alone if you wish, or find a chair by a dear family member or friend and share thoughts with no time limits on the conversation. I just feel so blessed to have the chance to vacation like this. One of the many memories of Aruba 2009 that I'm sharing today is we were having church on the beach with those of us that wanted to worship while on vacation (I didn't sing! Dad and Mom always told me Jesus loved my voice, but that's about it for listeners) Anyway, a very dear friend of mine, Dean Miller, asked what I thought about him being baptised in the Caribbean Ocean, at first I thought he was kidding, then when his wife Patty said no he's serious, I said I thought that was awesome and I would go to the desk and see if I could get ahold of a preacher that may come and do it. Then Patty said that Dean wanted ME to do it. I stopped and silently asked God what he thought about that idea, and felt the nudge that its okay. So Todd, Dean, Patty and I went out to the ocean and I said I can only go by what Mike, our preacher, does so we discussed his salvation, his desire to serve, his desire to be more like Jesus every day here on earth and we prayed--we baptised in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Tears ran down my face as I felt so blessed to be in this place at this time. Sometimes we wonder what God's plan is for our lives, and a lesson here is if we be still and listen he gives us opportunites every day to share Him with those around us.

I thank Jesus today for giving me another day of life, to laugh, to be able to work, to enjoy the beauty outside (as I'm inside all warm and cozy), please know that I pray for all of you and that you will be blessed and protected today by our Father in Heaven.

No comments: