Another cold day in Milford Indiana! My wish is someday not live here in the winter, and hopefully that wish will come through by next year. Todd knows how bad I do not like the cold and I know he wants to make me happy----so lets find someplace warm to go.
Today we are in charge of dinner at church, we are making Turkey Manhattens, yummy. I just talked with Tara and she said 150 is a good number to be prepared to serve. When we first started Wednessday evening dinners before church, we did 40 or so, now, wow, it is growing like crazy. I love it.
I had breakfast with my dear friend Carol Studer, she is leaving today for Las Vegas and I sam so happy for her, she deserves it. She just retired from Embarq of 38 years with them, had her retirement party at the Down Under with a wonderful turnout of friends and family. She was honored in a BIG way. Now the rest of the day I'm going to concentrate on dinner.
When I was thinking about a memory to write about today I thought of when Dad insisted on living with Todd and I and we really wasn't sure if that was the best thing for all of us. At that point, he was pretty angry at the nurses and aids at the Maples where he lived, and when I would go to visit him he was also angry at me for whatever reasons, not staying long enough, not coming enough to visit, for working too much and not coming to see him, for not being able to tell others "no" that I had too much on my plate (but he didn't mind asking for everything) and things like that. Anyway, every day he'd ask if I was ready for him to come, and everyday Scott, Ty and I would talk about it. Both brothers thought it was a horrible idea, as there were times when they even had to walk out of the Maples due to him treating them so bad, and I would leave crying more and more that I wasn't good enough, so it was a really hard decision. Even Mike, our pastor, wasn't sure it was a good idea, knowing how emotional I am. But, dad got to me one day promising he would not be a burden, a problem, and if he was, I could bring him right back no questions asked. I remember laying in bed one morning asking Todd what he really thought, and he said that it was up to me, but he thinks we should try. So that afternoon, I told dad in a week or so he was coming to live with us. From that day forward at the Maples he was ready to come, wondering what was taking hospice so long to get the bed, the wheelchair, the portable potty, and I would explain it takes time to get ready. AJ, one of our employees, and friend, came one day and we gutted the computer room for dad to move into. Then we were ready. Scott brought dad by car and when he walked into his room, he was so thankful, and believe it or not, he walked better, ate better and his dispositon was way better. There are more stories of how good he was that I will share later, all I can say is I am so thankful Todd allowed this to happen and what a blessing he is to me, the love of my life.
My prayers today are of thanksgiving of a wonderful husband, children, grandchildren, family and friends. My requests are to be with Carol as she is traveling, with everyone who eats tonight to feel a special blessing, and for my freedom living in the USA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment