Friday, June 13, 2008

June 13 4:30am

Woke up from the couch laying with Brookey and hurried into dads room, not knowing what woke me up to check on him, a little nervous about what I am going to find when I get there, only to see his eyes wide open, and looking up in a stare that I couldn't get is attention. I wiped his face off, sponged water in his mouth and asked if he hurt or was in any pain and he shook his head no, so we prayed together for this new day that is ahead of us, for God to give me the wisdom to give dad whatever he needs since he doesn't communicate anymore, and for dad to know what a wonderful father he is and has been to Scott, Ty and I and that we are going to be just fine when he leaves us here on earth to be with Jesus. I'm going to go back and lay down for awhile and I will write again later today. I am just so thankful for this day I am about to have with the granddaughters and dad.

2 comments:

Margie Fultz said...

Dear Nancy, My prayers are with you as you travel down this road. The joy that you have in caring for your dad is an example for all of us. This father's day will be one that you will never forget. God bless all of you.
Margie

Bobbie Wogoman said...

My dear friend,

I didn't know you were journaling this time of caring for your dad until I read your email today. As I read through your entries the tears came. I know full well what you are experiencing and a flood of emotions came back from a year ago when we were spending nights with my dad....waking up and wondering if he was still breathing. With Father's Day this week, I have cried a lot, and I know that this time you are spending with your dad will hold many precious memories. I just love Duke...and I miss seeing him and getting that peck on the cheek! I pray for strength for you as you care for him. It will be wonderful for him when he is healed completely and gets to see our Jesus! Take care, my friend. With many prayers and bunches of hugs!
Bobbie