Wow, I thought I'd be able to write daily, where does the time go? I thought when deciding to take dad in, I would have more time at home to get caught up on much needed things since he seemed to sleep so much with my visits to the maples...Not! Dad sleeps for 10 minutes, then wakes up with needs, which, that is what I am here for, just thought I'd get stuff done that is so badly needed around here. No biggie, maybe a routine will fall in to place one day soon.
Dad still is calling me his sister, crying out in the night for Ikie...needing a drink, never cold enough and reciting scripture often. It is really a new experience for Todd and I and one so far do not regret. Again, once in awhile I get feeling sorry for myself, those that get to just go when they want, jump on their Harley for a quick lunch with friends, stuff like that, but I get over it about as quick as it comes.
Tomorrow is Mothers Day, no plans so far, I didn't get anyone to come and sit with dad so we could go to church. I guess I was hoping someone would volunteer. Lisa asked us to meet them half way but we decided to wait and have a time together longer than an hour, so we are getting together soon. Scotty is busy with his apartment so maybe a cookout later in the afternnon will be what we do.
Thats about it for now...happy mothers day for all you mom's, I surely miss my mom, what a blessing an example of what a mom is...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment