Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday 18th May

This past weekend was so busy for us, with our main cook on vacation and our backup cook giving us a weeks notice, we have been in the kitchen at the Down Under since Mothers Day! We prayed earlier in the year for several very important issues in our lives, and one of the main requests was to have a staff at the Down Under that could free us up so we could enjoy life. Our prayers are being answered, it just seems that about the time we think we are there we get a snag in the plan. This week with AJ giving us notice he wanted to work 3rds in a factory about broke the camels back, but guess what??? God sent us a young man who is so excited to learn our kitchen and is so willing to work and adds enthusiasm and drive back into our staff. So we spent the weekend training Collin and AJ agreed to still be "on call" so that really helps us. That is an update on our work scheduling! Hopefully this week will calm down a bit more and Todd can be freed up to do some outdoor work he has had to put off that he enjoys dong. I am catering a very large wedding this Saturday so my week will be more hectic than usual, but again, every so often it is the price we have to pay to pay the bills!!!

Dad and I had a beautiful week, and he was so thankful that Todd and I was able to go to church this morning as Kathy called to come and sit with dad so we didn't have to miss again. What a blessing she is to us to give of herself. This morning after bathing, shaving, breakfast, he was too pooped by the time she got here to visit with dad, so she was disappointed they didn't get to talk. With Todd and I working both Friday and Saturday nights, the caregivers we hired said dad was missing me alot, but understood the need to do what we were doing.

I pray for this week ahead for the wedding plans to go smoothly that I am catering, and that dad has an understanding of my busyness again this week.

No comments: