Thursday, May 15, 2008

Only You

Here it is May 15th, what amazes me maybe the most is I thought by being home so much more than before dad came, I would have time for home things that I have put on the back burner only to find out how much time it does take to care for dad with normal caring, such as feeding, bathing, getting up and putting down as well as he isn't able to get his own drink, shoo a fly away from his face, fix the covers, change the tv channel, make a phone call, just every little thing we take for granted he needs done for him. I want to make certain it is understood that I am not complaining, just explaining, it is different than I thought it would be. As I was thanking God for this opporutinity this morning and to use me any way God want for me today, I was reminded that all those projects and things I thought I would get done while being home right now really doesn't matter, and a year from now it won't matter...so enjoy the day, what I have been given, and if I get one window washed or one drawer organized while sitting there with dad...that is a good thing. I feel a quiet small voice telling me to count my blessings, fnd the good in this walk of life, and find laughter with dad in what we share. Which leads to today's title "only you" Yesterday was a day of bowel movement, THREE TIMES ! ! ! We woke up to a huge mess, then again twice before lunchtime! I looked at dad and said I would do this nasty cleanup for only you dad, and he began to sing that song "only you"

ONLY YOU (Platters)
Only you can make this world seem right Only you can make the darkness bright. Only you and you alone can thrill me like you do and fill my heart with love for only you.
Only you can make this change in me, for it's true, you are my destiny. When you hold my hand, I understand the magic that you do.
You're my dream come true, my one and only you.

Its those times that I want to share with those of you that I am allowed to experience and maybe you can smile as you are reading this. I am going to get the morning going, we feel your prayers, please continue praying for us. Thank you ! With love and blessings to you on this 15th day of May.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom...I'm so proud of you. What an awesome experience this is for you. When the Lord does decide to take grandpa home, you will be blessed with so many great memories from your past as well as the memories from today. I love you :-)

Norma said...

Hi Nancy,

I have been singing Only You all morning since I read your blog. How fun! You are in my prayer and I hope we can find times to pray together this summer...Norma